Yohko Hatada is PhD at Human Brain Anatomy, Physiology, Genetics Department in University of Oxford, UK. She has been doing researches in human anatomy, cognitive neurology, psychology, genetics in such countries as USA, UK, Taiwan, Japan and France, and published more than 50 scientific publications and a book called "The axis formation in the chick embryo" .
She is also the owner of "Welcome British Medical Foundation Special Award for Doctoral scholars".
Membership in Professional Unions: Vision Science Society (VSS), Applied Vision Association (AVA), Computational Cognitive Neuroscience (CCNS), Cognitive Neuroscience Society (CNS), Society for Neuroscience (SFN), European Conference on Visual Perception (ECVP).
What should be in the Internet age and growth of online communities informational methods to combat drug addiction? What do you think, what means will be most effective today, and how the state should behave in order to successfully affect the suffering of drug addiction and to conduct prevention among healthy population?
While thinking over your questions, I came to the following ways of solving this problem.
1. The educational sides of the Internet: In the family and educational institutions, with the help of the Internet, we should inform young people about the real dangers of drug addiction, that is to tell the whole truth about the evils of society on behalf of the drug addicts themselves. For example, today there are many websites where you can share your problems and find the proper solutions for them. In my opinion, it is necessary to increase the number of such websites. A good example would be – your website, which has all the necessary information to prevent drug addiction. To increase the effectiveness of such projects it is also important to cooperate with the law enforcement agencies and voluntary clubs.
2. Explanation by the game: I think it is quite important to explain something to someone in the language that he/she would definitely understand, for example, today young people are mostly interested in the computer games. Thus, it would be interesting to develop computer games, with the help of which you can tell young people about the dangers of drugs.
3. Availability of the information: It is necessary to make the search engines to quickly and easily find the information about such websites.
4. Trusted Circle: It is necessary to create a voluntary network under the administration of the Ministry of Justice, that would carry out a timely support to the population.
5. The development of international solidarity: In order to promote the idea of fighting against drugs it is necessary to create such websites as «How we do it», «Support our work», etc. It's really a great idea.